Thank you for being part of the team. Here is some essential information that you will find useful for your role.
Health and Safety
We aim to ensure every reasonable step is taken to prevent injury and ill health by protecting individuals from hazards by;
- Assessing and controlling risk
- Providing and maintaining safe, healthy and secure working conditions, training and instruction
- Constant awareness in regard to safety
Please report any concerns to a member of staff.
- First Aid kits are available in all areas of church and the hall.
- First Aid trained personnel
- Any incidents need to be logged in the Log Book kept in the servery in church.
Do not attempt to take a fire yourself. Raise the alarm and evacuate the rooms to the grass area between the church and the London Road.
Safeguarding is everyone’s business; it’s up to all of us to keep children safe
Our aim is to promote a culture of being a safe organisation for children and the adults who work with them. This is achieved by;
- DBS checks link to DBS checks new and renewal (link) (see note B below)
- Operating a Safer recruitment practices
- Child protection policy is published here (link) , available in the registration pack for each group and in the church office
- Volunteers operate safe practise that does not leave them open to misunderstanding
If you hear, see or read anything that troubles you about a child or adult, do not ignore it, report your concerns to;
Rod Paterson, Beanie Farrimond or Candace Plouffe
Team leaders usually communicate by email and texting, please make sure that you have your leaders details. Please request to join our FB Group: Holy Apostles Church Children’s Ministry. It is a Secret Group. It is a useful noticeboard for information.
Q What do I do if I can’t lead or help when I am on the rota?
A Please check for diary clashes in advance and make every effort to contact other members of the team to arrange a swop and then inform the Team Leader of any changes.
Q What happens in the summer holidays?
A Families tend to go away for holidays in the summer and the numbers of children usually drops, we also try to reduce the volunteer commitment. There are also extra All Age Services and the groups combine; Mini Club & Creche and then Sunday Club Juniors and Infants and the emphasis is more on games than teaching to accommodate fluctuations in numbers.
Detailed information about the process can be found at this link: